Saturday, August 30, 2008

Facebook killed the blog-e-o- Star

I said to myself that as soon as my busy season (summer) was over I'd start blogging again and looking at other friends' blogs.  Well, here I am - at the tail end of my vacation; when I had planned to return from my blogging break, and I'm wondering if I should bother.  Have we all migrated to facebook?  It's so fast and easy to check up on everybody in your cyberlife at once now.  Do we still need to blog?  Is facebook the DVD to blogging's VHS?  

8 comments:

Jon in HB said...

Jon is...posting his comments about Kurt's blog on Facebook.

VikingMom said...

Basically, my blog has been reduced to stories for family members who are not a part of Facebook. (or if the story is way to long for a one liner status report.)

Heidi said...

Screw Facebook. Keep the Blog alive!

Kristi said...

BLOGS FOREVER.

Billy said...

Now that everyone's summer schedule is back to normal the blog will continue to thrive. I have already seen an uptake in blog activity. Don't wimp out Kurt!

discomommy said...

Eh...facebook is good for a quick update. but blogging is important...that is where the meat of the story is!

Diane Davis said...

yeah, you don't know me (but i think your wife is hot) and i'm not a facebook friend, but i read your blog. long live the blog!

Brazenlilly said...

Yeah, I'm Kristi's friend and a blog lookie-loo. See, I couldn't lurk on your Facebook unless you approved me. Your blog is FAIR GAME for the anonymouse stalker! Besides, Facebook may be about witty status updates, funny flair and silly games, but blogs are about the stories. So, tell us a story!