Wednesday, August 6, 2008

UGSFAW

I guess I'm still too close to it and too tired from it.  My thoughts on it are still unorganized, so here's just some random cool stuff I'm thankful for...
-557 kids and 197 awesome volunteers having a blast.
(-709 and 250+ including Preschool VBS)
-The staff pulling together for Children's Ministry like I've never seen.
-UGSFAW weekend - Jeff leading - moving lights - awesome set - 
-My daughter loved it
-Great stories coming back to me
-A spirit of love, fun, energy
-Feeling supported by the whole church
-Not a single complaint from a parent, child, or volunteer
-Getting to preach in the "Big Room" again
-Having an incredible team to share the victory with
-Positive comments, notes and e-mails re: UGSFAW and the weekend
-Feeling that good kind of tired - like after a day at the beach -but better

4 comments:

discomommy said...

Dylan LOVED it! So did all of his friends. And of course we LOVED being on the winning team!!! Whoop Whoop! One suggestion though...can it be either 6 hours long or 2 weeks next year. It was heaven having my kids apart for that week. There was no bickering for 3 hours a day! I am counting on you for next year!

Kristi said...

Kurt. You are amazing. I was thrilled to watch God use you and your creativity last week. And to watch your volunteers lead. That is a sign of a good leader...someone who doesn't have to do it all by him/her self. I'm so proud of you.

Heidi said...

You're so awesome honey. We're all very lucky to have you in our lives. I love you...

VikingMom said...

Good job Boss man...It's a privilege to work with you (and all of those other people! :) As for complaints...

I Can't think of any.

Job well done.