Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Props

Last weekend we pulled off two great camps simultaneously.  We did Jr. High, and Junior camps up at Pine Summit in Big Bear.  Although Matt and I were in charge, we were blessed to have an incredible amount of support from fellow staff and volunteers.
Billy put together a road rig that was perfect for the trip.
Laurel handled TEK House back at the Church so I didn't spend a second worrying about that.
Scott Martin and Mike Masterson handled all things technical.  They brought the gear up in the trailer, and prepped everything for us.
Jeff, Brittany, and Kenny handled the music.  We are fortunate to have more musical talent in our youth dept than most Churches have in their whole congregation (no exaggeration here).
Brian Edwards handled a potentially dangerous situation on the bus brilliantly.  
Kasey handled everything on the business end.  Matt and I didn't have to worry about busses, registration, dinner on the bus, checking in...  All we had to do was show up ready to run the program and speak.  And then we had the most incredible group of counselors.  I would leave my own kids in the care of any one of them.  These people were all up there for all the right reasons and were real Christ-like examples for the kids.  It was truly a team victory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

couldn't have said it better myself.

Anonymous said...

PS,
BOOYAH ON GETTING IN EARLIER NEXT YEAR!!!
I LOVE KASEY.

Kristi said...

YEAH! Congrats you guys!!! I can't wait til' my kids can go to your camp.