Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm Over It

I hate to admit this.  I don't want it to be true.  I've tried to stay engaged.  I've tried to stoke my interest, but it just isn't there.  I'm bored with it.  I don't care about it.  I am over American Idol. I could care less if it's on or not, or who is going home.  Somebody help me!  I want to care!  I want to enjoy it again!  Is something wrong with me, or am I just sick of 15 minutes worth of TV being stretched into an hour-long results show?  I know the talent is great this year.  I know most of the contestants are wonderful and interesting and attractive and whatever.  I just don't care.  Can it ever be like it was when I stood up and yelled "no way!" the night Jasmine Trias beat out the three divas?  Will I ever want somebody to win like I wanted Taylor Hicks to win?  Will I ever not want someone to win like I didn't want Carry Underwood to win?  Will I ever care again?  

9 comments:

Kristi said...

The fact that you wanted Taylor to win and Carrie to lose means that you were never really into it. :o)

VikingMom said...

Kurt...once again, another scary personality similarity between you and I. There was great tension in our house over Billy's rooting for Katherine McPhee and Carrie Underwood. I pouted for days over Carrie and gloated for weeks over Taylor.

As they say, great minds think alike!

Billy and Laurel said...

Basically, Kurt and Laurel should stick to the "kids" and let Kristi and I pick the idols. Maybe there is a show called "American Children's Minister".

Or "America's Top Children's Author about Animals".

Or "Top Student Life Policy Manual Author".

By the way I did want Katherine McPhee to win.

Idol is like a baseball season. We get excited the first few weeks, we struggle through the dog days of summer and then get ramped up again for the playoffs and World Series.

You'll be back.

Kurt said...

so billy roots for the hotties?

Billy and Laurel said...

Hotties? I'm looking for the overall celebrity package. I take everything into consideration

Kristi said...

there is nothing wrong with hotties.

Sarah B. said...

I loved Billy's comparison to baseball. I am sooo that way. Excited in the beginning...totally struggled to get to the middle and now I am back to watching it however I record it and watch the hr show in 18 min.
No excitement for me this yr.

Stacey said...

First of all, Carrie Underwood has proven herself worthy!!! I haven't seen Taylor Hicks on anything lately...

And yes TIVO is the only way to watch it...gotta fast-forward through Paula's incoherant rambling.

Kurt said...

Carry is boring
It works because people who listen to top 40 and country don't mind boring.