Sunday, April 20, 2008

Retreat!

Yea -I'm up at staff retreat.  we're at this sweet resort out in Indio of all places.  So far we've had a great dinner, played some guitar hero, and have done lots of informal visiting.  The meetings start tomorrow.  I miss Heidi and he kids, but apart from my family there isn't another bunch of people I'd rather be stuck with for a few days.  There is an excitement and positivity on this staff that is infectious.  There's this energy that is generated by the fact that we all know that we are on the verge of some really big things.  God has blessed me so much by allowing me to be a part of what is going on here.  It's awesome to see Matt and Jeff clicking with everybody and having a good time.  I'm sure tomorrow will be a blast.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you're having fun - we miss you and we love you!

Kristi said...

my favorite part so far has been billy and bruce fighting....over atheists.

VikingMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VikingMom said...

I'm glad to hear that their up to their usual behaviors--some things will never change.

Billy and Laurel said...

For the record it was a discussion, not fighting.

Kristi said...

bruce's finger was in his face and was yelling at him...it resolved quickly, but i was scared.

VikingMom said...

I just got off the phone with Billy. There was so much yelling in the background I couldn't hear what he was saying. For once...he wasn't the one yelling.

I think you all need counseling.

christie walker said...

yeah about your "work" this staff retreat....

I got a call from my husband that went something like this and I quote "I gotta go babe. Kurt and I are going to go in the lazy river."

Please by all means, stop "working" so hard!!

Unknown said...

i had to rub sun block all over Matt's back. If that's not work, then what is?

christie walker said...

Touché