Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No Spoiler Alert - Promise

I'm sitting here watching Idol - it's sad.  The 6 girls are singing "hard for the money" together. Their show-smiles are really shallow.  
They all look like they're thinking "Really?  I signed something saying I had to do this?"
Amanda looks especially thrilled to participate in the poorly choreographed dancing.

(30 minutes later)
Th Jonas Brothers were amazing.  It looked like they were pounding out 8th note power chords on their guitars, but it sounded like they were playing full down-strums on the 4ths.  And sometimes one of the guys would quit playing altogether, but the music wouldn't sound any different.  Weird.

(20 minutes later)
I'm watching Archuletta.  Amazing voice.  Great tone.  Masterful control.  Perfect pitch.  But who is actually going to buy an album from the guy?  "Great" isn't a genre.

(9 minutes later)
The Pips just stole the show.

(2 minutes later)
I don't care if you're dressed in stage-black and backing up Carrie Underwood.  It's impossible to look cool while holding a banjo.

(5 minutes later)
George?  Are you kidding me?

3 comments:

Don said...

10 years from now Archuleta will be a superstar. He just has to grow out of his knickers and cowlick. (And out of Daddy's grasp. Honestly, it's worse than Mozart and HIS dad!)

Heidi said...

Okay Don, I think you're the only person I know who knows that Mozart had a stage dad. That's awesome! : )

Jon in HB said...

I too loved the Pips!
Archuleta is great and all, but (and I am know means musically inclined, so correct me if I'm wrong) he doesn't connect with his songs. There's no feeling, I don't think he knows what the songs is half the time. I'm I wrong?