Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Daddy Melt

Jack did not want a bath tonight.  He cried and screamed and fought the entire time.  He tried to climb out of the tub.  He got me all wet.  He was kicking and screaming,  "Noooo Daddy!  I want momma!  I want my momma!"
The tears and misery did not subside until he was out, dry, dressed, and in momma's arms.  I was fed up.  I was glad to hand him off.  I was sick of the fight.  I was ready for some alone time.
15 minutes later I'm finding my solitude on the computer.  Jack comes walking up, "Daddy, I sorry for crying.  I sorry Daddy."
I teared up and gave him a big squeeze.  




4 comments:

Rick said...

Only a child can melt our anger into joy so quickly. Your post produced more tears than yours and Jack's.

Lyn said...

What a precious story. Thanks for sharing!

hbmommy said...

Seriously that made me cry...probably because I experienced similar events today. They are amazing.

discomommy said...

Ohhhh...that is so bitter sweet. And welcome to the first 6 years of Megan's life. Oh yeah, she still does this to Jon!