Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Point of View

I've been trying to branch out.  Different food, shows, experiences, etc. 
I was home for lunch one day last week and when I turned on the TV "The View" was on.
What the heck.  I decided to watch it for 15 minutes before I had to head back to work.  Words can't describe how bad this experience was for me.  If you've never watched The View before, here's what it was like from my point of view...
Imagine going to a restaurant and sitting down to a nice meal.  Right after you order your food, four women walk in, sit down at the next table over, and start sucking down martinis.  Within 8 minutes they're all sloshed and trying to outtalk each other.  It soon becomes obvious that not a single one of them knows what she's talking about, which makes their inappropriate volume level all the more irritating.  All they are doing is regurgitating stale political party-line banter and trying to pass it off as their own insight.  You wish you could just turn it off, but you find yourself eavesdropping on their inane jabber; shocked that these people seem to think that everyone in the restaurant is interested in what they have to say.  
Then you turn around and yell at them, "Shut up!  Shut up!  None of you has an interesting, clever, or relevant insight about anything."  Then you point your remote at them, push a button, and they disappear.
I'd rather listen to country music in a bathtub full of chum than watch another 15 minutes of that show.

2 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

I'm surprised no one has commented, because I totally agree with you! I can't stand it. Our friend JJ started referring to it as "The News" just to irk me.
--Jenbunch

Michelle said...

The View.....right up there with Lifetime, the network for women. Yeah, I don't watch those, ON PURPOSE. Yuck, I'd rather watch MacGyver or Star Trek....and that's saying a lot.