Saturday, January 24, 2009

That's Just Wrong

Who came up with this idea?  Let's make your driver's license expire on your birthday.  What kind of a joke is that?  Happy birthday from the DMV!  And you get to choose your gift.  Behind door number 1; lose your right to drive legally.  Door number 2; go to the DMV and stand in line all day.  On your birthday!
I understand that for the last few years the DMV has made great strides to become more convenient.  They have online services and more streamlined systems.  But come on!  If you want to offer convenience, don't expire my license on my birthday.  If you want to offer convenience, make it expire on creepy uncle Jimmy's birthday.  Then I can be like, "Sorry creepy uncle Jimmy.  Can't make it to your party.  Gotta go to the DMV."

5 comments:

VikingMom said...

Did you write this post for me? That's exactly how I get to spend my birthday. Thanks for the reminder...you've ruined my day.

Heidi said...

Um, in Kurt's defense, I would save the DMV ruined your day.

The DMV strikes again...

VikingMom said...

Okay, fine...all is forgiven. For now. :)

Rick said...

So I'm creepy??
---Uncle Jimmy

Kurt said...

now you did it.
from now on I'm calling you creepy uncle jimmy